Thursday, April 4, 2013

DIY: French Toast Bake

I've been eying this recipe on pinterest for quite some time now. I wanted to make it and never actually had the occasion to make it. Although you really don't need an occasion to make food, I just didn't have enough people to make it for. So, for Easter I decided to try this recipe for breakfast since it looked super easy! And it was!

Unfortunately, I only got two pictures.
What you need:
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
5 eggs
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup maple syrup
Icing from cinnamon rolls

Directions:
1. Heat oven at 375
2. Melt butter and pour on ungreased 13×9 inch glass dish. 
3. Separate cans of dough into 16 rolls reserving the icing for later use.  
4. Cut each roll into 8 pieces and add to buttered baking dish.
(I placed them nicely, all touching and none on top of each other.)
5. Beat eggs in medium bowl. 
6. Add cream, cinnamon and vanilla and beat until well blended. 
7. Pour over cut pieces of cinnamon roll pieces. 
8. Drizzle 3/4 cup syrup over the top. 
9. Bake 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. 
(I baked it for 20 minutes)
10. Cool 15 minutes. 
11. Place icing on top.



Can serve with more syrup if needed!
I altered recipe for my liking, but recipe was found here.
It was super delicious! And is something I would recommend to make, even for a regular morning.

What's your favorite breakfast recipe??
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment